LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say officers helped evacuate audience members after a small fire broke out at a downtown Lincoln concert venue.
Someone knocked over a container of kerosene while performing with fire around 10 p.m. Thursday at the Bourbon Theatre. The flames set off a fire sprinkler, which doused the blaze.
Lincoln Fire & Rescue Department spokeswoman Nancy Crist says police helped evacuate the large crowd that had gathered for the headline act, K Camp. No injuries have been reported. K Camp’s concert was soon canceled.
Crist says the performer using fire didn’t have authorization to perform with it at the theater.
Damage was estimated at $1,000.