2nd Annual Celebrate 4-H ‘FUN’draiser!
Sunday April 7, from 11 am – 3 pm @ the Commons Area & Servery @ Alliance High School.
Have you ever wondered where the funds come from to provide camp scholarships, achievement night, county fair expenses, speech & presentation contests, awards, leader training, workshop fees and more?
Some funds come from donations but, the majority is from annual fundraisers by the 4-H Council. In the past, there has been Family Fun Night Carnivals, 4-H Foundation Truck Raffle and last year the Soup Meal & Silent Auction.
Due to the success and how much fun we had, the 4-H Council is again hosting the 2nd Annual Celebrate 4-H “FUN”draiser. Help spread the word and invite your family and friends. Soup meal with all the trimmings.
Soups (prepared by volunteers) and cinnamon rolls (donated by BBGH) and drinks (donated by Sandhills Bank) will be served by volunteers with a free-will offering from 11 am to 3 pm.
Remember to invite your family and friends!
Even though I am encouraging items that showcase skills you have learned in 4-H, any purchased item would be wonderful also. I am excited to see the amazing things that you will contribute. We will also welcome donations by any other businesses or individuals who would like to contribute an item.
• Items can be dropped by the Extension Office anytime. Sooner is better but, please have your items in the Extension Office by Wednesday April 3, so we can get items tagged and ready to go.
• Baked items can be delivered on Friday, April 5, If you will be offering something that will need to be delivered at a later date (frozen meat, etc) or a service, please bring in a certificate on a letter sized sheet of paper. These will be laminated and placed in the silent auction. If you need something printed in color or, some help with your certificate, let me know. There will be a donation sheet for you to fill out so we have the correct way you want your donation to read (family name, youth name, etc) as well as the retail value.
Grocery Kart Raffle;
• Alliance Grocery Kart has donated $500 in grocery gift cards.
• A raffle is being held where winners for a $250 – $150 and $100 gift card will bedrawn at the end of the fund raiser.
• Tickets are being sold now at the price of $1 each or 6 tickets for $5.
• Tickets will be sold right up to the drawing at the end of the fundraiser. Winners do not have to be present to win.
This will be a really fun day to celebrate with our 4-H family and showcase the amazing 4-H program that we enjoy in Box Butte County with the public. There will be a table with activities for kids and staff available to answer questions for parents who are interested in enrolling their kids in 4-H. We are hoping to recruit some new members in this process.