Posted 6 months ago
By Kevin Horn
WESTCO, based in Alliance, has awarded $1,000 scholarships to nine area high schools seniors.
– Sierra Bixby is the daughter of Lance and Angelica Bixby and will be graduating from Hyannis High School. Sierra will be attending Chadron State College where her course of study will focus on Business Administration-Finance.
– Kaylee Greenwald, the daughter of Eddie and Tami Greenwald, will graduate from Lingle-Ft. Laramie High School. She is planning on attending Casper College and will be studying Ag Business and Energy Resource Management.
– Cassandra Huck, the daughter of Randy and Wendi Huck, will graduate from Bayard High School. Her future plans are to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and study Agricultural Journalism.
– Cody Nye is the son of Barry and Gretchen Nye and will graduate from Alliance High School. His plans are to attend Gillette College in Gillette, Wyoming and study Agribusiness.
– Ryan Romick, the son of Mike and Stacey Romick, will graduate from Alliance High School. Ryan plans on attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where he will study Agricultural Economics.
– Adam Schlotthauer, the son of Greg and Penny Schlotthauer, will be graduating from Mitchell High School. He is planning on attending the University of Nebraska-Kearney and his course of study will be Engineering.
– Megan Stuart, the daughter of Barry and Donna Stuart, will graduate from Bayard High School. Her future plans are to attend Midland University and study Business-Marketing.
– Bryce Sturman is the son of Mark and Heidi Sturman and will be graduating from Niobrara County High School. His plans are to attend Sheridan College where he will study Ag Business.
– Curtis Welsh, the son of Justin and Julie Welsh, will graduate from Scottsbluff High School. Curtis is planning on attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where he will study Finance.
The scholarship committee awarded these scholarships based on criteria, which included academic performance and a commitment to their agricultural area.
“The WESTCO Scholarship Program is one of the many ways WESTCO supports our region’s youth and we wish them a very successful college career,” said company CEO David Briggs of Alliance.