Posted 5 months ago
By Jason Wentworth
If you visit us here on the Post, visit our Facebook pages or listen to one of our radio stations (KCOW, Double Q Country, B94.7), you’ve probably heard the basic info about our Game Show Night event coming up this Friday night at 8:00pm in the Performing Arts Center at Alliance High School. The show starts at 8pm, tickets are $5, and you can get them one of three ways: at the door, in the Post Store on this very website, or at our KCOW Studios on West 10th St. in Alliance.
That you know, right? Well here are ten things you may not have heard about:
1. You don’t have to be a contestant to see the fun. As folks make their way to the theater, we’ll be processing those who want a chance to play–these guests will get a name tag, and they’ll be put in the hopper. If getting up on stage isn’t your cup of tea, simply hand in your ticket and go right in. You can still help our contestants by cheering, shouting suggestions, etc.
2. (Almost) all contestants will be selected at random. Our announcer Kalin Krohe will pull a slip out of the big drum and yell, “(Your name hopefully), Come On Down!” There is one game in our lineup that requires a different kind of contestant selection–you’ll find out more about that on Friday night.
3. If you want to be a contestant, sit near the front, If we call your name, we don’t want you to be exhausted by the time you get to the stage. : D
4. There’s something for everyone. We’ve got oodles of prizes to give away! Hi-tech gifts, apparel, tools, furniture, summer fun items, health products, home decor and more.
5. Load your purse. Our host will be making his way into the audience to make “quickie deals”–he’ll be trading your ordinary items for Alliance Chamber Bucks and Spring Showcase Cash.
6. You must be 18 or over to win a prize. Kids are welcomed to cheer from the audience–please note anyone attending the show will need to buy a ticket.
7. Game Show Night is the exciting conclusion to our Spring Showcase Preview Night! Make sure you stop by the Commons Area at Alliance High School Friday to see all of our exhibitors! (Knowing their names could come in handy later in the evening…) Floor hours are 4:00pm to 8:00pm. You can also see the Spring Showcase Saturday, March 22nd, from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
8. Our host, Jason Wentworth, was the “Price Is Right” contestant who drove Bob Barker into retirement.
(Okay, not really. This picture just makes us laugh.)
9. We get a little help from our friends. What’s it take to do a full-scale game show complete with prizes, models, graphics, sound effects, lighting, contestant processing, etc etc etc? All hands on deck! On Friday night our Eagle Radio crew will expand to include spouses, friends, former employees, and other extra help.
10. We’re spanning 50 years of game show history. Our game show challenges are derived from classic game shows thar debuted as early as 1963, and as recently as 2010.