Posted 2 years ago
By Post Staff
FFA members Alyssa Dye (left) and Nichole Dunovsky, both 2011 graduates of Alliance High School, will be receiving their American FFA Degree this Saturday, November 2, at the 86th annual National FFA convention in Louisville, Kentucky. Dye, who attends college at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and Dunovsky, who attends school at Eastern Wyoming College in Torrington, are both former members of the Box Butte County 4-H program.
There are a total of 155 Nebraska FFA members who have earned the American FFA Degree this year. The degree measures accomplishments across the members experience in Agricultural Education: classroom, their SAE and FFA.
To earn the degree FFA members who qualify for the American FFA Degree must:
• Have received a Greenhand FFA Degree, Chapter FFA Degree, and State FFA Degree.
• Have been FFA members for at least three years.
• Have completed at least three years (540 hours) of high school agriculture classes, or 2 years of high school agriculture classes and one year of college agriculture classes (360 hours.)
• Have graduated from high school one year prior to the National FFA Convention at which their degree will be awarded.
• Have maintained detailed SAE records, which demonstrate outstanding planning, managerial and financial skills.
• Have earned and productively invested at least $7,500, or have earned and productively invested at least $1,500 and worked 2,250 hours beyond scheduled school hours through their SAEs.
• Have a record of outstanding leadership skills.
• Have a record of participating in community service activities. Updated Community Service Requirements
• Have maintained a “C” grade average or better.
This year’s National Convention includes the participation of over 55,000 FFA members from across the U.S.
Brennan Costello from Nebraska is on of the National officers.
State FFA Officer Ashtyn Shrewsbury, a 2013 graduate of Alliance High School, has the privilege of carrying in the Nebraska Flag at official sessions. She will also have the opportunity to represent Nebraska along with the other State FFA officers at sessions.
Also at the National Convention this year, the Alliance FFA Alumni is to receive a Bronze rating on their Chapter Application representing Nebraska. The other Alumni application representing Nebraska is Raymond Central.
The National theme this year is Ignite — Leadership, Grow, Success.
The 86th National FFA Convention & Expo will broadcast LIVE on RFD-TV and stream on http://www.ihigh.com/FFA/
Orion Samuelson returns as broadcast host and will be joined by several past national officers.