Posted 9 months ago
By Kevin Horn
City of Alliance Activity Report — November 1
– To regulate traffic flow and make snow removal more efficient, the parking or storing of any bus, semi, truck, tractor cab unit, trailer, utility trailer, recreational vehicle, camper, travel trailer, boat, personal water craft, trailered barbeques and all other similar items intended for attachment to a vehicle is prohibited between November 1 of each year through May 1 of the following year. If not removed from City streets, these items may be towed at the owner’s expense and a citation may be issued.
– The undecorated trees and wreaths for the 18th Annual Knight Museum Partners and Sallow’s Military Museum Allies Tree and Wreath Festival have arrived and are ready to be picked up. The Knight Museum and Sandhills Center has both trees and wreaths available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The decorated trees and wreaths must be returned to the Knight Museum and Sandhills Center by noon on November 25. For more information or to volunteer to decorate a tree or wreath, please call the museum at 762-2384.
– A Brown Bag program will be held at the Alliance Public Library today at noon with local author Nancy Isom, reviewing her book, “A Name to Remember.” Refreshments will be provided by the Friends of the Library.
– Are you interested in preserving your family heritage? The Knight Museum and Sandhills Center monthly Scrapbook Crop will be held on Friday, November 8, and Saturday, November 9. Please contact Becci at 762-2384 if you are interested in preserving your heritage through scrapbooking!
– The Knight Museum and Sandhills Center needs volunteers! The Alliance Times Herald generously donated their bound issues of the newspaper dating from 1892 to the 1980’s to the museum along with many boxes of pictures. Help is needed to sort the photos into useable categories, identifying people in the photos and then scanning them! Contact the Knight Museum and Sandhills Center at 762-2384 if you would like to volunteer!
– The Alliance Volunteer Fire Department would like to encourage you to replace the batteries in your smoke detectors when you set your clock back one hour on Sunday, November 3, for Daylight Savings Time.
– Beginning today, winter rates will be in effect at Sky View Golf Course! Green fees are $13.00 per day through February.
This concludes the Activity Report brought to you by the City of Alliance and KCOW, working together to “Build the Best Hometown in America!” Find us on the web at www.cityofalliance.net or on Facebook at City of Alliance, Nebraska!