Posted 9 months ago
By Kevin Horn
– Larry Leinweber will provide the entertainment on Thursday, June 27 at 6:30 p.m. in the Alliance Public Library Garden as part of the summer evening concert series. Please bring a lawn chair as seating is limited. Refreshments will be provided courtesy of the Alliance Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
– The Alliance Public Library Summer Reading program, “Reading Rocks” rock decorating contest ends today at 5:00 p.m.! The kids won’t want to miss out on Big Rig Day on Wednesday, June 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.!
– The Panhandle Senior Ladies Tournament will be held on Monday, June 24 at Sky View Golf Course. Please call 762-1446 for details!
– In accordance with city ordinances and state regulations, fireworks may be legally discharged in the City of Alliance from June 25 until July 2 from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. and July 3 and 4 from 9:00 a.m. until 12 midnight. Fireworks may not be discharged after midnight on July 4. Please practice safety while discharging fireworks and remember that the use, purchase or possession of fireworks by any person under 12 years of age is prohibited unless direct supervision is provided by a person 18 years of age or older.
– Summer is definitely here and the Alliance Electric Department Load Management Team would like to remind our customers to listen to the KCOW Electric Load Status reports which are aired several times each day. Condition Green means that conditions are normal and Condition Red means that load management has been implemented. For condition updates, please contact the City of Alliance Electric Department at 762-4356. During load control conditions, we ask that the use of non-essential appliances be curtailed. The Water Department would like to encourage customers to discontinue outdoor watering during Load Management’s Condition Red. Load management is implemented Monday through Friday from June 1 through September 30 of each year.