Posted 9 months ago
By Kevin Horn
Box Butte County District Court Judge Travis O’Gorman ordered Douglas Weaver to serve three to four years in prison after Weaver was charged with committing crimes in Lincoln.
Weaver had been placed on five years intense supervised probation and had his drivers license revoked for 15 years after being convicted of third offense drunk driving in 2011. His probation order stated he could not violate any crimes and he also had to report for drug testing, which he failed to complete.
Judge O’Gorman stated that Weaver had a serious problem with drugs and alcohol, and that the prison term would offer him a time of “forced sobriety.”
Weaver’s drivers license will remain revoked for 15 years. He will be eligible for parole in 18 months. He was given credit for 214 days served in jail.
Also in District Court Wednesday:
– 25-year-old Jason Fisher of Alliance was ordered to serve 12 months probation for a misdemeanor charge of attempted possession of a controlled substance. Fisher pleaded guilty after the State reduced the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor. Fisher will need to undergo drug testing, and Judge O’Gorman stated that if Fisher failed any drug test he would be sent to jail for 48 hours.
– Fred Red Nest had his probation extended for six months for violating his probation and failing to register as a sex offender.
– 56-year-old Keith Dohse was ordered to serve one year of unsupervised bench probation for a misdemeanor charge of attempting to possess a controlled substance by fraud and possessing a forged medical order. Dohse pleaded guilty to the charges after the state reduced them from felonies to misdemeanors.
– 18-year-old Kody Barthel of Alliance pleaded guilty earlier this year to a felony charge of second degree sexual assault of a child. Barthel recently underwent a 90-day psychiatric evaluation in Lincoln and Judge O’Gorman set for sentencing for July 30.
– 38-year-old Junior Budd of Alliance pleaded not guilty to felony charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of marijuana, and being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon. Trial is set for the October 28 jury term.
–30-year-old Isaac Picket Pin, Jr. of Alliance pleaded not guilty to felony charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm, being in possession of of a shotgun, and making terroristic threats. Pickete Pin remains in custody in the Box Butte County Jail. Trial is set for the October 28 jury term.
– 26-year-old Brittany Highland of Denver pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of being in possession of a controlled substance. Trial is set for the October 28 jury term.
– 23-year old Tanner Littlejohn of Alliance pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of being in control of methamphetamine. Trial is set for the October 28 jury term.
– 26-year-old Jonanthan White of Lead, South Dakota pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of being in possession of a controlled substance. Trial was set for the October 28 jury term.
– 36-year-old Aaron Geer pleaded not guilty to felony charges of fourth offense drunk driving and operating a motor vehicle during a 15-year revocation. Trial was set for the October 28 jury term.