CHADRON STATE PARK ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION IS SATURDAY
Posted 2 years ago
By Corey Sorenson
Nebraska’s oldest state park is having a birthday. Chadron State Park will celebrate its 92nd anniversary Saturday, June 15, with a wide variety of activities for all ages.
The activities will begin early in the morning and run into the night. They include free paddle boat rides, an archery card shoot, diving for money, antique tractor displays, and music by the band Victory Underground.
A variety of demonstrations have been set, including the topics of flint knapping, primitive box making, blacksmithing and a wildlife education class.
Some live animals will be on site for the class, while other wildlife presentations topics include bluebirds, bighorn sheep tracking and “creatures of the night.”
To specially mark the anniversary year, 92 cents is all that will be charged for lunch specials featuring buffalo sloppy joes or hot dogs.
The anniversary celebration is open to the public free of charge, but vehicles must have a park entry permit which can be purchased on site.
- Prehistoric themed bounce house, all day
- Free paddle boat rides, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Flint knapping and primitive box making, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Wildlife education class and live animals, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Bighorn sheep tracking demonstrations, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Antique tractor parade, 10: 30 a.m.
- Bluebird workshop, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Live music by Victory Underground, noon-4 p.m.
- Blacksmith demonstration, noon-2 p.m.
- Lunch, noon-3 p.m.
- Antique tractor show, noon-4 p.m.
- Antique tractor slow race, 1 p.m.
- Watermelon feed, 2-4 p.m.
- Antique tractor pull, 1:30 p.m.
- Archery card shoot, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Bouncy ball race for children 7 and under, 2 p.m.
- Paddle boat race, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Diving for money for children 14 and under at the pool, 5 p.m.
- “Creatures of the Night,” 9 p.m.-10 p.m.