Posted 10 months ago
By Kevin Horn
The City of Alliance Visitors Bureau, the Alliance 125th Committee, and the Alliance Chamber of Commerce along with the Alliance Attractions are celebrating 125 years of Building the Best Hometown in America with the “Passport to Alliance” contest.
The “Passport to Alliance” is a scavenger hunt type contest where people take a passport to attractions of the community and locate the answers to the 17 questions from the passport. After answering the questions, the answer sheet can be clipped from the passport and dropped off at the Box Butte Central offices at 305 Box Butte Avenue in Alliance as an entry for a weekly $125 cash drawing.
This fun and educational program is designed to help us all answer the question “What is there to do in Alliance?” and to remind ourselves of all the great things in our own backyard. Local businesses and attractions have donated $125 per week, Memorial Day through Labor Day (a total of 14 weeks), to encourage our folks to visit local attractions and visitors to stay longer.
The passports will be available starting Thursday, May 23rd at any manned attraction in Alliance, as well as at Box Butte Central just in time for Memorial Day weekend!
Once a week, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, one completed entry will be drawn for a $125 cash prize. Non-winning entries will remain in the drawing for the entire contest period so there are up to 14 chances to win.
The passports are available at Box Butte Central, Carhenge, Knight Museum, Sallows Museum, Veteran’s Cemetery, Dobby’s Frontier Town, Carnegie Arts Center, Alliance Library, YMCA, Skyview Golf Course.
Winners of the weekly $125 prize will have the check presented to them by the sponsoring business or attraction and have their photo and name published in the Alliance Times-Herald. Contest sponsors are: City of Alliance Visitors Bureau, 125th Committee, Alliance Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Veterans Cemetery at Alliance, Alliance Area Family YMCA, Knight Museum and Sandhills Center, Sallows Military Museum, Dobby’s Frontier Town, Consumers Cooperative Federal Credit Union, Carnegie Arts Center, Western Heritage Credit Union, Parker Hannifin, Great Western Bank, Grocery Kart, Jay Johnson: Farmers National, KCOW, Farmers State Bank, Alliance Times-Herald, and all participating attractions.
- Contest will start on Memorial Day and end on Labor Day.
- One $125 prize will be awarded each week for 14 weeks.
- Passports available at staffed attractions during normal business hours.
- Entrants must visit each attraction, find the trivia answer and write it on the answer sheet.
- Entries must have the correct answer for all questions to be eligible for the weekly $125 drawing.
- Non-winning entries will remain in the contest for the entire length of the contest which gives early entry 14 chances to win.
- Winners must be 18+ years of age and consent to their name and picture being published.
- One entry per household, all duplicate entries and addresses will be disqualified.
- Completed entry forms may be dropped off at Box Butte Central, 305 Box Butte Avenue in Alliance during regular business hours.